As part of Olds College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic a Re-Entry Task Force was formed to develop a Re-Entry Plan that provides a coordinated response to the current public health emergency that includes delivery of fall classes and a plan for re-entry to the Olds College campus. The health and safety of our campus community is always our top priority, and we will continue to work to accommodate the restrictions put in place by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, while providing students with the best possible learning experience.
While classes might look a little different this fall, the Olds College team is working hard to create experiential learning opportunities for our students.
For the fall 2020 term, classes will be offered predominantly in a remote learning environment with some exceptions. Each program is currently going through an academic delivery model review to determine the most appropriate delivery method, this includes:
- Remote delivery - classes and labs will be held virtually.
- On-Campus - classes and labs will be in-person and on-campus, while adhering to social distancing and safety protocols.
- Remote with required/mandatory in-person, on-campus labs - classes held virtually with mandatory on-campus, in-person labs to allow for hands-on learning.
We will communicate the specific program delivery method details to students as soon as the reviews are complete and approved (no later than June 30). Students will receive an email from the Admissions team, and the most current information will be posted to our website on the program pages.
Through a phased re-entry plan we expect to have more staff and faculty back on campus this fall, along with some students. Our hope is that we will all be back on campus for January 2021.
Re-Entry - Phase 1 (July 6, 2020 - August 23, 2020)
- Personnel who are required to develop departmental safety procedures, implement physical changes to facilities and maintain campus hygiene. This includes Health and Safety, Print Shop, Facilities, and Caretaking staff.
- College Leadership Team members (and other managers) can be on campus as necessary to provide leadership to teams and support phase two preparations.
- Limited to no on campus instruction.
Re-Entry - Phase 2 - (August 24, 2020 - December 31, 2020).
- The gradual return of operations and support functions to campus, including: Office of the Registrar, TLCI, Business Services, Human Resources, Information Technology, Continuing Education, Development, Communications and some Health and Wellness staff.
- Olds College continues to encourage remote working arrangements where effective.
- The Olds College Fall Term will be offered predominantly in a remote learning environment with some exceptions.
Re-Entry - Phase 3 - (January 1, 2021 anticipated)
- The return of the remainder of staff and faculty as the students return for the resumption of on-campus, in-person classes. This would include remaining Faculty, Instructional Assistants, Health & Wellness, Accessibility and Athletic staff.
Limited Campus Operations Continue Through Summer
Following the guidelines of Alberta Health Services around social distancing, we have moved to a limited Campus operation. Only essential service employees will be working on campus, all other staff are required to work remotely. All buildings on campus are closed , with the exception of the Olds College Brewery, which remains open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from noon - 6 p.m. The Learning Resource Centre also remains open, with limited access.
All computer labs on campus are now closed. If students require access to a computer please email ITSupport@oldscollege.ca .
Students or staff who require IT assistance can call 403.507.7777, email
ITsupport@oldscollege.ca or fill out the Support Form for account or password issues.
Students can access the Office of the Registrar by calling 403.556.8281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Students can access the following Health & Wellness services through email:
- Counselling services: email email@example.com to book a virtual appointment.
- Healthcare resources: email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
Staff are reminded to check in and out with security if you are on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions